PDF turned into unreadable Word.

Old September 4th 09, 09:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pbslp

Default PDF turned into unreadable Word.

My pdfs have turned into unreadable Word documents How do I fix this. This
has happened to everyone of my pdfs in every file today.

Old September 4th 09, 10:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Sounds like the file association for the .pdf file type somehow
got changed from Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader to Microsoft Word,
and you'll need to change it back. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307859 "How to change file
associations in Windows XP". The process is similar in Windows
Vista.

Old September 6th 09, 05:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton

I'm not exactly sure about what you are asking but if you are trying to open
your PDF files in Word then yes, they will be unreadable. You can create
PDFs from Word but you can't edit them in Word. To edit a PDF you need a
program such as Adobe Acrobat.

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP