How to remove a strange gray "margin" on right side of page

Old September 8th 09, 04:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gives2ctf

Default How to remove a strange gray "margin" on right side of page

I have only recently started using word 2007. My documents have a gray margin
runnign down the right side of every page and when i print documents it shows
up as a faint gray bar - very faint. I cannot figure out what it is or how to
remove it. All my margins are correct and even clicking on it gives no
result. Can anyone help?
--
Allison
Old September 8th 09, 07:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

That's where the balloons associated with Track Changes go. But if you
don't have any balloons, it shouldn't be there -- and even if you
choose to print Document with Markup, the background of the balloons
doesn't come out gray.

So, is Track Changes turned on? In the Track Changes box on the Review
tab, do you have "Final Showing Markup" selected?