Backspace won't delete, text turns red and strikethrough

Old September 11th 09, 09:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mustafa

Default Backspace won't delete, text turns red and strikethrough

When i hit the backspce key it does not delete, the text just turns red and
get strikethrough.
I have checked Options and did not get to any solution.

When i open new documents, they does not have the same problem, any idea how
this happens?
--
Keep the Hope
Old September 11th 09, 10:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom[_3_]

Track Changes is on. Turn it off and then accept all changes made. For more,
see http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old September 11th 09, 04:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cmaddox

You have reviewing turned on. Your changes are being treated as corrections
and marked so you will know what changes you have made. Look for the
reviewing toolbar and click on the icon with a piece of paper, a pencil and a
star...that should turn off reviewing. Or you can just change the settings
so that it only shows the final version.
--
cmaddox

Old July 19th 14, 03:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Mustafa" wrote:

When i hit the backspce key it does not delete, the text just turns red and
get strikethrough.
I have checked Options and did not get to any solution.

When i open new documents, they does not have the same problem, any idea how
this happens?
--
Keep the Hope

Thank you! This was a big help. I was in the middle of a paper and this started, no idea how I turned it on, but thank you for helping me turn it off!!!
Old July 19th 14, 12:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

On Friday, July 18, 2014 10:55:42 PM UTC-4, wrote:
"Mustafa" wrote:

When i hit the backspce key it does not delete, the text just turns red
and get strikethrough.
I have checked Options and did not get to any solution.
When i open new documents, they does not have the same problem, any idea
how this happens?

Thank you! This was a big help. I was in the middle of a paper and this started, no idea how I turned it on, but thank you for helping me turn it off!!!

You probably accidentally touched Ctrl-Shift-E, the keyboard shortcut
for Track Changes.

You can also click the notification in the bar at the bottom of the window
that tells you Track Changes is on.