Bent arrow at end of line

Old September 13th 09, 02:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jexie

Default Bent arrow at end of line

On documents that I have copied I see a little right angle arrow. How do I
get this mark instead of a paragraph mark every time hit enter. I understand
that the paragraph mark contains style info for that paragraph and you only
want one at the end of the paragraph?
Old September 13th 09, 03:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom[_3_]

The right angle arrow indicates a line break. To insert such a break, press
Shift+Enter.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old September 13th 09, 03:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom[_3_]

For more on nonprinting marks, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NonPrintChars.htm.

By the way, if your goal is to make text lines shorter in some paragraphs,
right (and/or left) indents are usually a better way than line breaks.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old September 13th 09, 07:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jexie

Thank you for the link. It was very helpful. The reason I need line breaks
is for variable length lines like in poems and song lyrics.

Old September 13th 09, 07:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom[_3_]

OK, with poems and song lyrics it's quite all right to use line breaks. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP