Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
perplexed perplexed is offline

Default Copy/paste from IE8

After a recent HD failure I installed OfFice 2007 anf IE8 on an XP Pro system.
I used to be able to highlight a portion of a web page, copy it, then paste
it into a Word doc - now when I do that I get the "hourglass" for a moment
but nothing appears.

What setting am I missing?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Perplexed" wrote:

After a recent HD failure I installed OfFice 2007 anf IE8 on an XP Pro system.
I used to be able to highlight a portion of a web page, copy it, then paste
it into a Word doc - now when I do that I get the "hourglass" for a moment
but nothing appears.

What setting am I missing?

I should add it was IE7 that I was able to copy/paste from.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
perplexed perplexed is offline

Specifically, I first noticed it on Citi CC bill pay. If I just "Print
Preview" the page I only get the minimal verification info from the innermost
frame. If I "Screen Shot" I get a lot of extraneous stuff, or things cut off.
I have been able to copy from a few sites but not from others, and not just
€śsecure sites€ť.
Might this be some new feature of IE8, maybe having to do with
€śAccelerators€ť or €śSearch€ť? (PS How do you disable Search? Its a major PITA
when trying to navigate folders, etc.) Or some sort of security feature?

If you remove IE8, does it revert to 7?

Perplexed wrote:
After a recent HD failure I installed OfFice 2007 anf IE8 on an XP
Pro system. I used to be able to highlight a portion of a web page,
copy it, then paste it into a Word doc - now when I do that I get
the "hourglass" for a moment but nothing appears.

What setting am I missing?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
perplexed perplexed is offline

Try copy and pasting part of this one:
https://www.accountonline.com/cards/...YqQ84zNX7ZfZwJ

Perplexed wrote:
After a recent HD failure I installed OfFice 2007 anf IE8 on an XP
Pro system. I used to be able to highlight a portion of a web page,
copy it, then paste it into a Word doc - now when I do that I get
the "hourglass" for a moment but nothing appears.

What setting am I missing?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

As this page appears to be a secure link referring to your personal account,
the link is inaccessible other than by you.
The site's home page will copy - eventually - but contains a load of stuff
that doesn't sit well with Word.
It sounds as though you need SnagIt. Try the trial version but be warned,
you will find it so useful that you will want to buy it

"Perplexed" wrote:

Specifically, I first noticed it on Citi CC bill pay. If I just
"Print Preview" the page I only get the minimal verification info
from the innermost frame. If I "Screen Shot" I get a lot of
extraneous stuff, or things cut off. I have been able to copy from a
few sites but not from others, and not just "secure sites".
Might this be some new feature of IE8, maybe having to do with
"Accelerators" or "Search"? (PS How do you disable Search? It's a

Perplexed wrote:
After a recent HD failure I installed OfFice 2007 anf IE8 on an
XP Pro system. I used to be able to highlight a portion of a web
page, copy it, then paste it into a Word doc - now when I do
that I get the "hourglass" for a moment but nothing appears.

What setting am I missing?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
perplexed perplexed is offline

The link is to a log in page - secure but still public, and was never a
problem before.
I tried duplicating the settings of my brother's XP Home/IE7 system (where
copy/paste isn't a problem) but it still won't work - I'm guessing it's an
undocumented "improvement" in IE8.