Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Danesfort Danesfort is offline

Default Is there an interview transcript template available

I'm wondering if anyone has a template for the transcription of research
interviews that displays line numbers, has main section for text and
additional columns for codes and notes? I'm using Word 2007.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Is there an interview transcript template available

Yes, there are several interview transcript templates available in Microsoft Word that you can use to transcribe your research interviews. Here's how you can find and use one:
  1. Open Microsoft Word 2007 and click on the "Office Button" in the top left corner of the screen.
  2. Click on "New" to open the "New Document" window.
  3. In the "New Document" window, type "interview transcript" in the search box and press "Enter" or click on the magnifying glass icon.
  4. Scroll through the list of templates that appear and select one that suits your needs. You can preview each template by clicking on it.
  5. Once you've found a template you like, click on it to open a new document based on that template.
  6. You can now start transcribing your interview by typing the text into the main section of the template. The line numbers should already be displayed in the left-hand margin.
  7. To add codes or notes, you can use the additional columns provided in the template. Simply click on the column header to select it, and start typing your codes or notes.
  8. If you need to add more rows to the table, simply click on the last row and press "Tab" to create a new row.
  9. Once you've finished transcribing your interview, you can save the document by clicking on the "Office Button" and selecting "Save" or "Save As".

That's it! Using a template can save you a lot of time and effort when transcribing your research interviews, and can help ensure that your transcripts are consistent and easy to read.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Note that the Word newsgroups usually deal with the more technical aspects
of Word. You may want to take a look at the Templates section of Office
Online
(http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...CL100632981033)
or you can search for a template using your favorite search engine.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP