How can I get my printer to print on card stock?

Old October 17th 09, 05:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Katherine Onstott

Default How can I get my printer to print on card stock?

I am trying to print on card stock and the paper is too thick. Is there a
setting for thickness of paper versus size of paper. I am using a HP 4450
(PhotoSmart).
Old October 17th 09, 06:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules

You need to ask HP's tech support.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Katherine Onstott" Katherine wrote in
message ...

Old October 17th 09, 06:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Since a PhotoSmart is presumably designed to print on photo paper, I can't
imagine that it wouldn't print on card stock, but your manual should give
specifications for paper thickness and other physical properties
accommodated by the printer.

You can see a chart of paper specs at
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...ang=en#N174 6

According to the chart, the printer will handle up to 110-lb. index, but the
only card sizes provided for are 3 x 5, 4 x 6, and 5 x 8. The limit for
plain paper (Letter, legal, and A4) is 24 lb.

http://word.mvps.org