How do I get an accent bar over a letter in Word 2007?

Old November 6th 09, 01:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jamray9494

Default How do I get an accent bar over a letter in Word 2007?

I'm taking a class in college and it requires the use of Karnaugh maps
(digital electronics). I need to insert an accent bar over some of the
letters to develop the Boolean equation for the map. One of my classmates
suggests the following - "Under the "Insert tab".....select "equation" and
click the "accent tab" and then select the one with the line over the
box...and then enter the denominator in the box." I don't have an accent tab,
so how do I get it?
Old November 6th 09, 01:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 05:14:01 -0800, jamray9494
wrote:

I'm taking a class in college and it requires the use of Karnaugh maps
(digital electronics). I need to insert an accent bar over some of the
letters to develop the Boolean equation for the map. One of my classmates
suggests the following - "Under the "Insert tab".....select "equation" and
click the "accent tab" and then select the one with the line over the
box...and then enter the denominator in the box." I don't have an accent tab,
so how do I get it?

When you start entering an equation, either with Insert Equation or
with the shortcut Alt+=, the Equation Tools Design tab appears on
the ribbon. In the Structures group on the right, one of the items is
"Accent". Click that to display an assortment of accents.

For another way to create the symbols, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Overbar.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman