How do I create printable & fillable form with lines in word 07

Old November 10th 09, 06:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jaml

Default How do I create printable & fillable form with lines in word 07

Below is an example of a form I wish to create. Under each catergory I want
to insert lines and have them fillable online. I also want to be able to
print this form out with the blank lines so that people can fill out the
lines on hard copy. The info they provide is then transferred to the fillable
online form and retaining the lines.

1. Housing/Living Goals
_________________________________
_________________________________
2. Financial Goals
etc

I have been trying the developer but with no success as yet. Can you help?
Old November 10th 09, 06:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

While you could create the lines by setting up your form as a table to which
you selectively apply borders to cells, there is no way of getting text to
flow from one cell to the next as may be required for the response to your
questions such as the Housing/Living Goals.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

Old November 10th 09, 02:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.htm and especially
the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.

http://word.mvps.org