How can I do a diagonal strikethrough

Old November 10th 09, 12:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sally Beauchamp

Default How can I do a diagonal strikethrough

I need to add a diagonal line on some text. Drawing them is a nightmare as
they seem to be different lengths/sizes and it's so fiddly. What would be
ideal is a diagonal strikethrough. Someone's advice would be very much
welcome as I'm getting desperate!
Old November 11th 09, 04:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man

Exactly what do you mean by adding "a diagonal line on some text"? Do you
want a diagonal line through each letter, each word, or through an entire
paragraph of text?

Drawing individual lines through each letter or word will be tough, but
drawing a diagonal line through an entire paragraph is easy -- at least it is
in Word 2003. All you need to do is create a table as wide as your column of
text, set the cell margins at 0.0", place each paragraph that needs a
diagonal line in a separate cell of the table, use Format - Borders and
Shading to delete all the outside cell borders, and then select a diagonal
line as a "border" for the cell.

I'm not sure exactly what the commands would be in Word 2007, but I suspect
the logic will be the same.

Diagonal Cells Lesley1953 Tables 1 October 20th 09 03:13 PM
Can I strike words by diagonal (not only "strikethrough") ? Konstantin Microsoft Word Help 2 March 30th 07 10:08 AM
Diagonal columns Diagonal Columns Tables 2 September 13th 06 10:33 PM
diagonal text Rere Tables 4 January 18th 06 03:54 PM
First row tabel diagonal Uli Tables 3 August 4th 05 09:42 AM