How do you move a picture in Word 2007 and move the caption with i

Old November 20th 09, 02:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MH6FMQIP

Default How do you move a picture in Word 2007 and move the caption with i

I have multiple pictures inserted in my Word 2007 document. I have inserted
captions with each picture. When I move a picture within the document, I'd
like the caption to automatically move with the picture and retain its
relationship to the picture, i.e., centered below the picture.

I've read other posts concerning adding frames and inserting both picture
and caption into a frame, but once I have them inside a frame, I seem to lose
control of how to position them relative to each other inside the frame.

Is there a tutorial on how to do this, or can someone please advise how to
do this?
Old November 20th 09, 06:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom[_3_]

Wrapping a frame around a picture and its caption is the easiest approach.
Usually you would put the caption and the picture in different text
paragraphs. You will then have to take care of their relative placements by
using indentation and/or paragraph alignment.

You are right that it won't look as good as using the text wrapping options,
but it will be easier to maintain.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP