pick out all italicized words?

Old November 21st 09, 11:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Gordon J. Rattray

Default pick out all italicized words?

Hi there,

I've got my 120 page document and pretty well all the highlights of the document are in italics as I did that so the reader could see emphasized words. These italicized words would make the perfect index.

I know the find mechanism can find just the italic words, but seems only one by one....

Now, how can I pick out all the italicized words and put them into a concordance file to automark index entries?

Thanks,

Gordon
Old November 22nd 09, 12:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

In recent versions of Word you can use Find All to select all items found;
in Word 2003 (and maybe 2002?) you check the box for "Highlight all items
found" (where "highlight" actually means "select"), then click Find All; in
Word 2007, you click "Find in" and choose "Main document."

http://word.mvps.org

Old November 22nd 09, 02:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Running a macro containing the following code will make a concordance table containing the italicized words:

Dim myrange As Range
Dim Source As Document, Target As Document
Dim ttable As Table
Set Source = ActiveDocument
Set Target = Documents.Add
Set ttable = Target.Tables.Add(Target.Range, 1, 2)
Source.Activate
Selection.HomeKey wdStory
Selection.Find.Font.Italic = True
With Selection.Find
Do While .Execute(FindText:="", Forward:=True, _
MatchWildcards:=False, Wrap:=wdFindStop, MatchCase:=False) = True
With ttable
.Cell(.Rows.Count, 1).Range.Text = Selection.Range
.Cell(.Rows.Count, 2).Range.Text = Selection.Range
.Rows.Add
End With
Selection.Collapse wdCollapseEnd
Selection.MoveRight wdCharacter, 1