Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wildetudor wildetudor is offline

Default Bulleted list ruins indentation defined by style (Word 2007)

Hello everyone,

I have defined a style that emphasises the selection by indenting a few
inches to the right and adding a vertical border to its left. The problem is
that when I add a a bulleted list to a portion of text formatted with this
style, the indentation doesn't behave the way I'd like it to. It's difficult
to explain so I've uploaded this screenshot:
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0800010030011U258910296988278

Can anyone help? I'd like the border to remain in the same position for
normal text as well as for text in bulleted lists. Many thanks for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is because the position of the border is specified in relation to the
*text* of the paragraph, which obviously changes when you apply a bulleted
list that has a left indent. In the Border and Shading Options dialog box,
under "From text," adjust the "Left" setting.

Alternatively, specify that the bulleted list should *not* be indented from
the left margin.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"wildetudor" wrote in message
Hello everyone,

I have defined a style that emphasises the selection by indenting a few
inches to the right and adding a vertical border to its left. The problem
is
that when I add a a bulleted list to a portion of text formatted with this
style, the indentation doesn't behave the way I'd like it to. It's
difficult
to explain so I've uploaded this screenshot:
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0800010030011U258910296988278

Can anyone help? I'd like the border to remain in the same position for
normal text as well as for text in bulleted lists. Many thanks for any
help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you want the bulleted list to be indented by 0.25" = 18 pt, try using 22
pt (18+4) for the "Left" setting. (4 pt is the default "Left" setting in
Word.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP