How do I break URL address over two lines?

Old November 23rd 09, 09:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
djhintze

Default How do I break URL address over two lines?

I am trying to enter website addresses into footnotes and Word automatically
forces the footnote onto a separate line. I need to conform to certain
aditing requirements and want the url to start right after the citation and
continue on to however many lines are necessary, but not leave a gap because
it starts the url on a separate line in the footnote. Help please.
Old November 23rd 09, 10:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com

In the edit hyperlink dialog, put the URI in both the Address and Text-to-
display boxes. That way you can use a space or linebreak to wrap the display
text to the next line without affecting the hyperlink ability. Hyphens will
work too, but that might be misleading to readers who have to type the URI.

Pam

Old November 24th 09, 02:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheryl Flanders

In Word 2000 and above, you can make a hyperlink wrap by inserting a
zero-width space character immediately after a delimiter character
(such as a forward slash). You must create the hyperlink first and
then insert the zero-width space, otherwise the hyperlink won't work.

If you have non-printing characters displayed, the zero-width space
displays as a bordered box.

Cheryl

On Nov 23, 12:16*pm, djhintze
wrote:
I am trying to enter website addresses into footnotes and Word automatically
forces the footnote onto a separate line. I need to conform to certain
aditing requirements and want the url to start right after the citation and
continue on to however many lines are necessary, but not leave a gap because
it starts the url on a separate line in the footnote. Help please.

My table won't break lines across pages Cheryl Tables 1 July 19th 07 10:26 PM
No page break lines Aurora Page Layout 1 July 10th 06 01:00 PM
break lines are showing martie-c Microsoft Word Help 1 May 12th 06 11:52 PM
office 2003-return address is 3 lines./but prints all on 2 lines tomh Microsoft Word Help 0 June 14th 05 01:51 AM
Hide Page Break Lines? Steve C. Formatting Long Documents 1 March 26th 05 07:35 AM