Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Benjamin Barrett Benjamin Barrett is offline

Default Word 2010 bugs

There are lots of bugs in Word 2010 from previous versions. For example, if
you select part of a table and get the word count, the word count for the
entire document is returned. This is a bug introduced in Word 2007.

Is it worth reporting these bugs? I have spent hours documenting and sending
in reports, but nothing gets fixed.

They really slow down my productivity, but it seems Microsoft isn't
interested in fixing them, so perhaps "beta testing" is just a waste of time.

Benjamin Barrett
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It is not worth reporting the bugs here - you need to feedback to the
appropriate beta test forum. However the failure to count selected words in
a table was not peculiar to Word 2007. It is the same in Word 2003 also.
Whether this is a bug or a design limitation I am unable to say.