How do I eliminate an unwanted second page of a document in word.

Old December 10th 09, 03:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paper Man II

Default How do I eliminate an unwanted second page of a document in word.

Let say I type a simple letter document in word 2003. My letter goes on to a
second page, but after editing and changes I really have just a one page
letter.

However my document now has two pages, but my second page is blank.

How do I get rid of that second blank page?
Old December 10th 09, 04:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

Turn on Show Non-Printing Characters (Ctrl-Shift-8), and delete all
the extra paragraph marks at the end.

There are other ways to get blank pages, but extra stuff at the bottom
is the most likely with a simple letter.

Old December 10th 09, 06:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Peter has suggested the most common cause of extra blank pages. If that
doesn't help, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm

http://word.mvps.org