How can I circle numbers.

Old December 16th 09, 03:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doc

Default How can I circle numbers.

Wingdings Symbols only go up to the number 10 circled, I need to circle up to
at least 30: Thank you for your help
--
DocT
Old December 16th 09, 04:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

There are (probably pretty ugly) circled numbers up to 50 in Chinese
fonts -- see if you can access Unicode 2780 through 2789 and 3251
through 325F and 32B1 through 32BF (I can't find the teens, but they
have to be in there somewhere!). To use these, type the four-digit
code on the regular keyboard and then press Alt-X.

Old December 16th 09, 04:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There are also specific fonts designed for this; they have separate
characters for the left and right halves of double-digit numbers. For
example, see http://www.fontspace.com/the-fontsite/combinumerals

http://word.mvps.org

Old December 16th 09, 09:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

Heh -- they have empty slots, but they didn't put in a set of numbers
with lines above and below so you can make 3-or-more-digit numbers!

Years ago I typeset some CD liners and couldn't find anywhere the
numbers in squares that are used for track numbers.

On Dec 16, 10:41*am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
There are also specific fonts designed for this; they have separate
characters for the left and right halves of double-digit numbers. For
example, seehttp://www.fontspace.com/the-fontsite/combinumerals

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in ...

Old December 17th 09, 05:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I've seen fonts that were more elaborate, but they may not have been free.
Numbers in squares, however, are dead simple: select the text and apply a
border to the text. Or use an EQ \x field, as illustrated at
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/O...m#UpperBorders.