How do I insert cutting marks for business cards on card stock

Old December 27th 09, 03:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
BigBen-58

Default How do I insert cutting marks for business cards on card stock

I designed a business card in Word for an Avery 8371 template. When i print
it out, it does not line up with the pre-punched cards, so I was going to
print them on plain card stock. I was wondering if there was a way to insert
small cutting reference marks to help line up the cutting process.
I am using Office 2003 and Windows 7 along with a HP PSC 1410 printer.
Thank you in advance.
Old December 27th 09, 05:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Before giving up on the pre-punched cards, make sure that in the Zoom
section of the FilePrint dialog, the Scale to paper size is set to No
scaling and try printing to a plain sheet of paper and see if the output
lines up correctly. Some printers are not very good at handling heavier
weight paper/labels and that may be the problem.

If you can't get that to work correctly, reduce the top margin to 0.25" and
the left and right margins to 0.5" and then insert a row at the top and
another one at the bottom and reduce the height of those rows to about 0.25"
and insert a column to the left of the first column and one to the right of
the (original second column and reduce the width of those columns to 0.25"
Then you can selectively apply borders to the cells that are outside of the
original card cells so that you will have crop marks to guide you when
cutting. Best to lightly score all cuts first rather than cutting right
through as if you do that, you lose your guide marks.

__| | |__

__ __

__ __

__ __