how to write one and half inch in numeric form

Old January 2nd 10, 01:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
sunit

Default how to write one and half inch in numeric form

how to write one and half inch in numeric form
Old January 2nd 10, 01:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Graham Mayor

1.5" or 1 1/2"

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old January 2nd 10, 03:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I would prefer 1 to 1 1/2 (if absolutely compelled, I would write 1-1/2, at
least), and I use the double prime symbol (U2033) rather than straight
quotes; also the single prime (U2032) for feet, and the same pair for
minutes and seconds in latitude and longitude.

http://word.mvps.org

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
1.5" or 1 1/2"

Old January 12th 10, 05:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Liv

How to enter ½ instead of 1/2

One way...
ToolsAutoCorrect OptionsAutoFormat
Go to Replace section. Make sure "Fractions (1/2) with fraction character
(½)" checked. Click OK. The next time you type 1/2 it will show as ½. To
temporarily reverse this hover over the number and click on the AutoCorrect
Options dropdown that appears. There you will have the option to undo the
action.

Another way...
InsertSymbol
Go to the "Character Code" textbox and type in 00BD (zero, zero, B, D)

Yet another way...
Alt+0189

Hope this helps!

I would prefer 1½ to 1 1/2 (if absolutely compelled, I would write 1-1/2, at

.

Old January 12th 10, 07:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

AutoFormat As You Type works only if there is a space before the 1/2, which
means that you have to type 1 1/2 and then back up and remove the space. I
prefer to use my assigned keyboard shortcut to insert ½ in such instance.
And there have been times when I have had to disable the AutoFormat option
when I'm entering a lot of dates in early January. g

http://word.mvps.org