How do I make 2 page borders on one page?

Old January 18th 10, 09:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
2Lipps

Default How do I make 2 page borders on one page?

I'm using Word 2003. I would like to have two different color page borders
on one page. I've tried one color which works, but when I go to make the
second page border on the same page in a different color it just goes on top
of the first one. I set the page border for the first color at 13 and the
second page border with a different color at 24. Can't get two borders to
show up. Can anyone help me with this? thanks.
Old January 18th 10, 01:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman

Word can't put two different page borders on the same page. Trying to
apply a second one will always replace the first one.

But you can fake it... Apply the first page border. Then open the
header pane, choose Insert Text Box, and draw a text box aroundt he
whole page. Then click Format Text Box and make it No Fill and the
line color and thickness you want. You won't be able to get the
assortment of fancy borders that the page border dialog offers, but if
all you want is a colored line it's ok.

You may need to adjust the positions of the text box edges so they'll
be in the printable area, which depends on your printer.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old January 18th 10, 01:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Instead of a text box you can also use a rectangle from the Drawing toolbar.
But whichever you use, you need to anchor it to the header (if you want it
to repeat on every page) and format it as Behind Text so that you can type
normally in the document.

http://word.mvps.org