Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jonski jonski is offline

Default Shrink A3 to A4 for print preview not working in Word 2010 beta

I'm working on a brochure, it's A3.
I don't have an A3 printer, but I'd like to see how I'm getting on in A4.

So, I just want to shrink to fit. This was never a problem before, but I've
searched this, I've looked around these forums and others, and they all
suggest "shrink to fit" should work.

Well, it doesn't!

A3 is 43.17 cm x 27.94 cm
A4 is 29.7 cm x 21.9 cm

Whatever I select, be it shrink or scale, both in the word options, or in
the printer options, or both, it always just prints the middle bit of the A3
sheet.

In fact, sometimes now it's only printing one graphic! To get the right page
size, you can see what I mean by starting with the "Professional Services
Brochure" template.

Here are the versions I'm on:
Word 2010 version 14.0.4536.1000 (32 bit)
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Printer: HP Photosmart C4580 with driver 6.10.2009

I've really tried hard to resolve this, but I'm beginning to think there's a
bug, and a workaround would really be appreciated - I need to see this
printed out before it goes to the printer tomorrow.
Even if it's A3 scaled to A4, that's good enough. It just doesn't want to do
it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jonski jonski is offline

Default Shrink A3 to A4 for print preview not working in Word 2010 bet

Anyone know where the Microsoft Word help groups are? The active ones, I mean.