Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
lion lion is offline

Default Creating an invoice with mail merge (2007)

Hello,
Who can help me with this:
I have an Excel file with the following fields:
invoice no, client name, address etc., article no, article description, price

All records of all clients are collected in the Excel file.
So for p.e. invoice no. A100 there are 5 records, because there are 5
articles.
Next there are 2 records for invoice A101, because there are 2 articles for
the invoice.
The Excel file is an export file from a different program and the new
records are appended to the existinig ones.

I want to make an invoice in Word 2007 mail merge.
The client data should be printed once at the top of the invoice and the
acticle lines should be printed as long as they are part of invoice no #
It would be nice if the end user could choose which invoice he wants to
print at the beginning of the mail merge.
(Using a field that "stores" the invoice number and then compare each record
with this number??? Or a bookmark?)

Has anybody ever created something like this?
Do I need a macro?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

MVP Doug Robbins has developed an add-in to effect this. See
http://www.gmayor.com/ManyToOne.htm for the download link and an explanation
of its use.

Fellow MVP 'macropod' has prepared a tutorial employing a different method
based on the Microsoft support link (below), with working field codes and a
sample Excel data source which you can also download from my website
http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip

How to use mail merge to create a list sorted by category -
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294686

"lion" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
lion lion is offline