Make text upside down

Old February 3rd 10, 08:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug

Default Make text upside down

How can I make text upside down? I'm using fields to merge addresses. The
paper is special sized and will feed better upside down. TIA
Old February 3rd 10, 10:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Doug wrote:
How can I make text upside down? I'm using fields to merge
addresses. The paper is special sized and will feed better upside
down. TIA

Word can't do upside down text rotation except with WordArt. But what you
can do is set the page orientation to landscape, put the text into tables or
text boxes, and use the Text Direction commands for those special containers
to turn some of the text 90 degrees clockwise and other text 90 degrees
counterclockwise.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old February 3rd 10, 10:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bredv

You can try using UpsideDownText.com to make your text upside down. It's not a perfect solution and it only works well for upside down text. The Word Art might make more sense, not sure.... but this is an easy alternative if it works for you. Bascially the upside down text thingy finds a unicode alternative for the text you enter and the unicode alternative looks as if it were the normal text flipped 90 degrees. I'm not sure how this will look when printed out but you can give it a try and tell me if it works alright. I hope this helps you. And otherwise you could of course use the Word Art option.

---------
-B Taylor

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...xt-upside-down

Old February 3rd 10, 10:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bredv

And the link didn't show up but it's a href="http://UpsideDownText.com"upside down text/a

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...xt-upside-down
Old February 3rd 10, 10:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bredv

Old February 3rd 10, 11:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt

If you have Acrobat Professional, you could save your document as PDF and
then use the rotate pages option in Acrobat to rotate a page 180°.

Yves

Old February 4th 10, 07:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Check the properties of the printer driver, many will allow the paper to be
rotated by 180 degrees.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

"Doug" wrote in message
How can I make text upside down? I'm using fields to merge addresses.
The
paper is special sized and will feed better upside down. TIA

How can I make the Spanish upside down punctuation? Carin Massaro Microsoft Word Help 10 May 16th 14 06:52 PM
How to make tent cards with wording upside down on one side jenk Microsoft Word Help 4 April 22nd 10 08:38 PM
How do you make your letters upside down? Callie Microsoft Word Help 1 July 24th 07 11:26 PM
Upside Down Text akaallice Tables 1 October 2nd 05 05:00 PM
how do i make my text reflect/upside down? need help 101 Microsoft Word Help 3 September 5th 05 09:08 PM