software to convert English document to Hindi

Old February 5th 10, 05:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
S N[_2_]

Default software to convert English document to Hindi

Is there any software available to convert an English language text document
to Hindi language document by using dictionary based translation (not
transliteration).
For example:

English text: My name
converted to : मेरा नाम
Old February 5th 10, 05:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter Jamieson

There is software, and there are services, and some of them are free.

For example, I just used translate.google.com to convert "My name" to
Hindi and it came up with the same text as your posted. You can probably
use Google APIs to submit text and receive a translation - I don't know.

From within recent versions of Word such as Word 2007 you can also
invoke translators by going to the Review tab, Proofing, translate. In
the basic facility I don't see an English-Hindi option (surprising these
days!) but perhaps one of the raft of other options will be helpful.

You probably already realise that machine translation is not very
reliable. As long as you are competent in both languages you obviously
have the option to read and correct the translation. If not, you really
have no way of judging the quality of the output, and you shuld consider
a. review by someone competent n the target language
b. professional translation
c. providing the source language text to the recipient and some
suggestions for translation services that they could use, with suitable
warnings. Then it's up to them.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Old August 13th 10, 07:10 PM
gwenmacer gwenmacer is offline

Here is a answer to your question that the best way to translate English to Hindi is google translate. It is the perfect and the free of charge facility,. It is most popular among the users.
Old August 17th 10, 09:30 AM
nicoledc109 nicoledc109 is offline

Originally Posted by Peter Jamieson View Post
There is software, and there are services, and some of them are free.

For example, I just used translate.google.com to convert "My name" to
Hindi and it came up with the same text as your posted. You can probably
use Google APIs to submit text and receive a translation - I don't know.

From within recent versions of Word such as Word 2007 you can also

On 05/02/2010 17:38, S N wrote:
Is there any software available to convert an English language text document
to Hindi language document by using dictionary based translation (not
transliteration).
For example:

English text: My name
converted to : मेरा नाम
Thank you for the information
Old January 24th 11, 07:34 PM
Guillo Guillo is offline

Originally Posted by gwenmacer View Post
Here is a answer to your question that the best way to translate English to Hindi is google translate. It is the perfect and the free of charge facility,. It is most popular among the users.
Google is the best free resource, probably with babeltalk. However, automatic translations are not your best bet if you don't know the target language and want anything other than getting a general idea of what the text is about for personal use.
There is translation software out there, like Atlas (free) or trados, but none of them will give you an accurate usable translation if you can't correct the results.

Your best bet is to either hire a pro translator, or to go around looking for forums where bilingual users may voluntarily translate your text (assuming it is not terribly long).

Good luck!
Old January 27th 11, 04:29 AM
bretonalfie bretonalfie is offline

I recommend Google Translation, which supports English to Hindi conversions and vice-versa.