How to prevent unwanted double-spacing?

Old February 9th 10, 10:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Derek Chilvers

Default How to prevent unwanted double-spacing?

I have just started using Word 2007 with Windows 7. Whenever I hit the Enter
key to go to the next line (for example when typing an address) the cursor
skips a line, making the address (for example) double-spaced. (However, when
typing the rest of the document it comes out single-spaced, as I want.) I
have tried everything I can think of to stop this happenening and would
appreciate someone's help!

Thanks.

--
Derek
Old February 9th 10, 10:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Use a line break (Shift+Enter) instead of a paragraph break (Enter) in
address blocks.

http://word.mvps.org

Old February 10th 10, 07:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Change the style set to Word 2003 which has a normal style without the extra
spacing. (Home Tab Change styles Style set).

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old February 10th 10, 11:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John A[_2_]

Click on the "No spacing" style on the Home Ribbon.

To fix it for all new documents:
- Office button, then Open, click on Templates and open Normal.dotm
- Click on the "No spacing" style on the Home Ribbon
- don't enter any text
- File Save