Scan multiple pages into one Word 2010 document

Old February 10th 10, 02:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mcp111

Default Scan multiple pages into one Word 2010 document

How do I scan multiple pages into one Word 2010 document?

Thanks

Partha
Old February 10th 10, 06:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

One at a time - unless you are using OCR software that has a multi-page
facility.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

news

Old December 16th 10, 09:35 AM
Banoz Banoz is offline

Originally Posted by mcp111 View Post
How do I scan multiple pages into one Word 2010 document?

Thanks

Partha

Not sure how old this post is, but I found a solution that might help others with this. I wrote a guide for the company, hope this helps. Don't hesitate to get in touch if you get stuck.

Since the implementation of Office 2010, the standard “Scan to Word” no longer works. So instead we can add a Macro, to simplify the steps.

 In Word 2010, click the “View” tab.
 Click “Macros” then from the dropdown menu select “View Macros”
 In the box that appears click “Create”
 Insert the following:

Sub InsertFromScanner()
On Error Resume Next
WordBasic.InsertImagerScan
End Sub

 Click “File” followed by “Save Normal”
 Close the window.
 Back in Word 2010, click “File”
 Click “Options”
 Click “Customize Ribbon”
 Click “New Tab”
 Rename it to “Insert From Scanner”
 Rename the underlying group to the same name.
 From the dropdown menu on the left, select “Macros”
 Make sure you have selected your new tab/group in the list on the right.
 Find your newly created macro in the list on the left, select it, and click “Add”

 Click “OK”
 You should now see the menu option on the top of your window.
 Click “Insert From Scanner”
 Click the macro.

This will now scan your documents directly to your Word file. Be patient, depending of how many documents you are scanning in, this could take some time. There won’t be a message on the screen, but you will be able to hear the scanner working if you’re close by. You won’t see anything until the last page has been scanned.