How to turn off automatic links when generating table of contents

Old February 26th 10, 10:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dvrhodes

Default How to turn off automatic links when generating table of contents

This is the first time I have seen this happen.
After selecting different levels for section titles in a document I
generated the table of contents. Usually I can scroll through the table and
edit entries if needed, but this table the mouse pointer turns to the finger
pointer and when I click it takes me to that section title (normally I have
to hold the Ctrl key and click).

How can I change this so I can click in the table and not go to whatever
section title?

Thanks for the assistance!
Old February 26th 10, 11:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is an Options setting. You don't say what version of Word you have, but
in Word 2003 and earlier, it's at Tools | Options | Edit ("Use CTRL + Click
to follow hyperlink"). There will be a similar setting in Word 2007's Word
Options.

http://word.mvps.org

news