how do I condense a two page letter to one page

Old March 3rd 10, 08:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
staples

Default how do I condense a two page letter to one page

what is the procedure to use when a letter spills over onto a second page and
you want make it fit onto one page?
Old March 3rd 10, 08:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Willett[_2_]

Decrease the margins?
Make the fonts smaller?
Edit out some of the content?
Wave a magic wand?

Old March 3rd 10, 08:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Willett[_2_]

Decrease the margins?
Make the fonts smaller?
Edit out some of the content?
Wave a magic wand?

Old March 3rd 10, 09:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave E[_2_]

To fit more text on the page:

* Make your margins smaller so the text area is larger
* Use a smaller font
* Turn on auto-hyphenation
* Look for lines with just one or two words and try to reword those
sentences to avoid wrapping to the next line
* Edit your letter and look for any unnecessary words.

The biggest space-wasters on your page are the lines with just one or two
words. Rewording those sentences or making your margins just a little
smaller will cut out those wasted line-wraps.

Think of it as a puzzle that you solve by simplifying your language
throughout your page. You "win" when it all fits.

Old March 3rd 10, 09:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt

See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...886751033.aspx

Note that sometimes the outcome is better if you do it by hand by only
changing some small things like the width between paragraphs.

Yves

Old March 3rd 10, 11:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FitCopy.htm

http://word.mvps.org