How do I auto number an equation on the right side of the page.

Old March 25th 10, 11:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
OwlCat1212

Default How do I auto number an equation on the right side of the page.

I have a large document with many equations. I need to number the equations
such that the numbers appear on the right side of the page and are numbered
automatically. I would simply use numbered lists, but I must have the numbers
on the right side of the page.
Old March 26th 10, 08:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Create a one row two column table with the column widths adjusted so that
the first column suits your equations and the second is wide enough for the
numbers. In the second cell insert a { SEQ Equation } field and then copy
and paste that table where-ever you want to insert an equation.

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert the field delimiters { } and you use Alt+F9
to toggle off their display.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.