How do you swap pages in Word?

Old March 28th 10, 02:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jeremy

Default How do you swap pages in Word?

Is there a way to swap pages and all associated content in Word? For
instance, let's say I decide to change the order of some of my content, and
I want to swap pages 12, 13,14 with 31, 32, 33....is this possible without
cutting and pasting?
Old March 28th 10, 03:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

If they have distinctive Headings above them, you can go to Outline
View, collapse them to only that level of outline, and drag the
heading to where you want it to be.

Word doesn't really have "pages," so the simplest way to do it is to
insert Section Breaks before and after the part you want to move, and
cut & paste the section.

Old March 28th 10, 03:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt

No. The main reason being that Word has no idea what a "page" is. For more
information see http://daiya.mvps.org/wordpages.htm

If you used heading styles, you might be able to rearrange parts in the
outline by dragging them around.

Yves

Old March 28th 10, 03:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom[_3_]

Well, if you have been using the built-in headings, you can switch to
Outline view, collapse headings and then move a heading and all of its
subordinate paragraphs. Beyond that, there's only cut and paste.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP