Red Squiggly Lines under Misspelled Words

Old April 9th 10, 03:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
denise

Default Red Squiggly Lines under Misspelled Words

is there a way to turn on and off the red squiggly lines in Word 2007?
Some misspelled words are showing up and some aren't. How do I make this
consistent?

thanks,

Old April 9th 10, 03:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
trip_to_tokyo[_2_]

"is there a way to turn on and off the red squiggly lines in Word 2007"

Office Button (top left hand corner)

Word Option (towards lower right hand corner)

Proofing (on left hand side) / in this section on right hand side under:-

When correcting spelling and grammar in Word

- remove the tick (check) from:-

Check spelling as you type

- then hit OK.

Thanks.