How do I stop a short last line "stretching" when justifying?

Old April 10th 10, 07:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
coomber

Default How do I stop a short last line "stretching" when justifying?

Help please
Old April 10th 10, 07:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It won't stretch if you end it with a paragraph break rather than a line
break.

http://word.mvps.org

"coomber" wrote in message
Help please

Old April 10th 10, 07:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It won't stretch if you end it with a paragraph break rather than a line
break.

http://word.mvps.org

"coomber" wrote in message
Help please

Old April 10th 10, 08:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

The other possibility is that it was formatted with "Distribute
Paragraph" (shortcut Ctrl+Shift+J) rather than "Justify" (Ctrl+J). Try
putting the curosr in the paragraph and pressing Ctrl+J to see if that
fixes it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 13:56:08 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

It won't stretch if you end it with a paragraph break rather than a line
break.

http://word.mvps.org

Help please