How do I crop a scanned document

Old April 15th 10, 02:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Petero

Default How do I crop a scanned document

I have scanned an information leaflet to create a word(2003) document for
future use. The document is currently formatted to print as an A4 landscape
document both sides. I now wish to crop the scanned document to create a
second document so that it prints in a booklet format and to do this I need
to re-arrange the text a little. However, the scanned copy won't allow me to
crop. Any ideas on why?
Old April 15th 10, 03:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

What do *you* mean by "crop"? As far a Word is concerned, "crop" means
"mark the part of the picture to show, and don't show any parts
outside of that". It does NOT mean "take part of the picture from here
and put it over there". That would require a graphics program, such as
IrfanView (www.irfanview.com).

I suspect that what you really want to do is to use optical character
recognition software to convert the scanned picture of a document into
editable text, which you can then reformat as required. Look at the
Microsoft Office Document Imaging (MODI) program that's included with
Office 2003 -- you may need to go back to the installation program and
select it to run on the computer.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman