How do I split a table in Word 2010

Old April 15th 10, 05:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jeff Willis

Default How do I split a table in Word 2010

I am new to Word Tables and need some guidance. Can someone give me a
pointer?
Old April 15th 10, 06:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman

Jeff Willis wrote:
I am new to Word Tables and need some guidance. Can someone give me a
pointer?

I'm not at the computer that has Office 2010 right now, but I'm pretty sure
this hasn't changed since Word 2007:

Put the cursor in the row that will become the first row of the second
table. Click the Table Tools Layout tab of the ribbon. In the Merge group,
click the Split Table button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old April 16th 10, 05:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Correct. It has not changed in 2010.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Jeff Willis wrote:
I am new to Word Tables and need some guidance. Can someone give me a
pointer?

I'm not at the computer that has Office 2010 right now, but I'm pretty
sure this hasn't changed since Word 2007:

Put the cursor in the row that will become the first row of the second
table. Click the Table Tools Layout tab of the ribbon. In the Merge
group, click the Split Table button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Old June 14th 12, 05:02 PM
Sandy C Shin Sandy C Shin is offline

Originally Posted by Doug Robbins - Word MVP View Post

Jeff Willis wrote:
I am new to Word Tables and need some guidance. Can someone give me a
pointer?

I'm not at the computer that has Office 2010 right now, but I'm pretty
sure this hasn't changed since Word 2007:

Put the cursor in the row that will become the first row of the second
table. Click the Table Tools Layout tab of the ribbon. In the Merge
group, click the Split Table button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:
http://word.mvps.org
so all may benefit.
I found it up on the ribbon under table design on the layout tab, right clicking on the row in the table did not list split table in the pop up menu