How to turn capital letters into lower case without retyping the w

Old April 29th 10, 12:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Typing lazy

Default How to turn capital letters into lower case without retyping the w

Someone showed me last week how to do this by highlighting the word and using
some keystrokes, but I forgot what they were. I thought it was with Format
Painter, but I do not seem to be working it correctly. Any pointers?
Old April 29th 10, 03:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The behavior of Shift+F3 depends on the text selected. I am painfully aware
that if the selection contains sentence-ending punctuation, you get
"Sentence case" instead of "Title Case" (or Capitalize Each Word). I ran
into this (again) when trying to reformat a document in which heading
paragraphs were all in the form of a question; because of the question mark,
I got sentence case instead of the desired title case and had to go through
Format | Change Case each time.

http://word.mvps.org

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 16:29:01 -0700, Typing lazy Typing
wrote:

Someone showed me last week how to do this by highlighting the word and
using
some keystrokes, but I forgot what they were. I thought it was with
Format
Painter, but I do not seem to be working it correctly. Any pointers?

No, it isn't Format Painter -- not even close.

The Change Case command has a shortcut, Shift+F3. Three presses of it
cycle through the variations of all caps, all lower case, and
capitalize each word.

In Word 2003 and earlier, the Change Case command is on the Format
menu. In Word 2007 and 2010, there's a button for it in the Font group
of the Home ribbon. If you use the menu/button, there's an additional
choice, sentence case, that capitalizes only the first word of the
selection.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old April 29th 10, 04:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

Or triple-click to select the paragraph, then Shift-Left-Left to
deselect the paragraph mark and the question mark. (Or control-click
to select the sentence, then Shift-Left to deselect the question
mark.)

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

Old April 29th 10, 06:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
miaosidea

Default How to turn capital letters into lower case without retyping t

Thanks all at first. However, not all mentioned works fine at word 2000.
Try this case "sentence case" w/ question mark, ctrl-click selected the
whole sentence, then shift-left click doesn't work, that means deselect
question mark failed.

Does anyone can have a try? (Better still attempt on w07, w10)

Thanks, guys

.

Old April 29th 10, 07:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yahoo

HI Suzanne,

Cant we Select the letter, word or sentence or paragraph with or with out
punctuation adn simply use SHift +F3 as many times untill u get the desired
case - Either ALL caps, Title case or sentence case or lower case.

Is nt that correct.
THats what i do. If wrong pls let me know.

Thanks
Yahoo.