How do I use double spacing between words instead of one space?

Old April 29th 10, 11:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chiara14

Default How do I use double spacing between words instead of one space?

I am doing an assignment and I need to type my work with double spacing
between words instead of a single space. How do I adjust the spacing between
words
Old April 30th 10, 02:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 15:42:01 -0700, Chiara14
wrote:

I am doing an assignment and I need to type my work with double spacing
between words instead of a single space. How do I adjust the spacing between
words

You don't -- not in Word.

When you're all done typing, you could use the Replace dialog to
replace one space character with two space characters, and click the
Replace All button. Just don't try to do this more than once, or
you'll wind up with four spaces between words.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old April 30th 10, 04:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

It seems likely that the assignment simply wants double spacing --
which refers to the space between lines, not the space between words.

You do that in Format Paragraph.