what does the outline tool icon look like and how do I find it?

Old May 4th 10, 11:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Professor M

Default what does the outline tool icon look like and how do I find it?

I have spent hours trying to do a table of contents following the 2003 Word
directions. No luck. Can anyone give me step-by-step directions. Every
time I hit the ok in the table of contents box, it comes back "can't find
...." Now what? I can't find the outline icon on my toolbar. What does it
look like? I am a novice, so please bear with me.