How do I add an exponent to a math equation?

Old May 7th 10, 04:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BG

Default How do I add an exponent to a math equation?

How do I add an exponent to a math equation in word? Can anyone tell me?
Old May 7th 10, 05:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom[_3_]

If this is the equation editor in Word 2007, you could just type ^x; as you
press the SpaceBar, the ^x will be converted to superscript x.

In Word 97-2003, you can press Ctrl+H to apply superscript.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old May 7th 10, 05:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ctrl+H by default opens the Replace dialog. Ctrl+Shift+= applies Superscript
formatting.

http://word.mvps.org

Old May 7th 10, 07:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom[_3_]

I was referring to pressing Ctrl+H from within a Microsoft Equation 3 object,
which does apply superscript formatting.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP