stop automatic date updating in word & excel

Old May 17th 10, 06:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SMB

Default stop automatic date updating in word & excel

I do not always want the program to reset the date to the current day but
would rather keep the old date in the document
Old May 17th 10, 06:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom[_3_]

Press Alt+F9 to reveal the field code. In place of the date you should see {
DATE }. Change DATE to CREATEDATE and then press F9 to update. Press Alt+F9 to
hide field codes again.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old August 17th 10, 07:08 AM
Josephine Wennberg Josephine Wennberg is offline

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Blom[_3_] View Post

"SMB" wrote in message
I do not always want the program to reset the date to the current day but
would rather keep the old date in the document
Hi,

Just tried this and it works fine for this individual document... But I,m wondering.. Is this a general function for all word documents created, that the date automatically updates every time I open to view the document? In my case I always want the documents to keep the intitial dating.
Where can I make this adjustment?
Ive read that there is a tick box in the date and time dialogue (automatic update) but this tick box is unticked - and still the document updates the date when I open it.