header won't show up

Old April 7th 05, 06:03 PM
Samantha

Default header won't show up

This may be a crazy question, but I can't get my header and footer to show
up. I have gone to the View menu and selected Header/Footer and still don't
get anything. I have checked to make sure the White Space between pages
shows up. Can anyone help?

Old April 7th 05, 09:47 PM

From your description, you've done everything right, so the likelihood is
that the document is corrupt. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

Old May 26th 06, 12:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I have encountered the same problem but mine goes a step farther. I have two
computers...one had Office 2000 and the other has Office 2003. The document
looked fine on both of my computers. Someone else tried to access the file
from their computer (same Office 2003 version as myself) and was unable to
view the headers. I tried all the tricks and actually got them to show up
once. Since I got it to work, I tested it to see if it would continue to
work. When I closed and opened the document it would not show the headers
regardless of anything I did after that. When I returned to my desk, I could
still view the file just fine on both my computers. I'm perplexed.

My opinion is that there is something wrong between Word 2000 and 2003
specifically when it comes to tracked changes. We heavily utilize tracked
changes and it has caused nothing but headaches when the company began to
move to 2003.

From your description, you've done everything right, so the likelihood is

Old May 26th 06, 02:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I assume this is not just a white space issue? See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm and “WD2002: Rules for
‘Hide white space between pages’” at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=297564

"Jessica" wrote in message
[...]