Split cell content (not just the cell)

Old January 28th 12, 03:12 PM
JPh12 JPh12 is offline

Default Split cell content (not just the cell)

Given a (Word 2003) table cell with text in it, is there a way to split the cell at cursor point so that the text after that point is moved to a new cell below while the text before that point stays in the current cell ?
Old January 29th 12, 03:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom[_3_]

I'm sure someone could come up with a macro to do that.

Just to be clear, you are saying that you want to split the cell into two
rows and one column?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old January 29th 12, 09:46 PM
JPh12 JPh12 is offline

Originally Posted by Stefan Blom[_3_] View Post
I'm sure someone could come up with a macro to do that.

Just to be clear, you are saying that you want to split the cell into two
rows and one column?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP
Thanks for following up. I found a macro that splits a cell into 2 rows and 1 column. But it works only for 1-column tables and I have a 2-column table.

The cells that contain the text are in one column only. But when I split a cell, the other cell on the same row needs to split too for the text to remain in that same column -- so it's like splitting a row into 2 rows.
Old January 31st 12, 12:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom[_3_]

Could you post the macro code so that we can see what the macro does in
detail?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old January 31st 12, 03:50 PM
JPh12 JPh12 is offline

I found that macro at
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/community...e-midcell.aspx
I'm not sure it can be posted, so I abstain.

Quote:

On 2012-01-29 21:46 (GMT+1), JPh12 wrote:
'Stefan Blom[_3_ Wrote:
;491798']I'm sure someone could come up with a macro to do that.

Just to be clear, you are saying that you want to split the cell into
two
rows and one column?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Thanks for following up. I found a macro that splits a cell into 2 rows
and 1 column. But it works only for 1-column tables and I have a
2-column table.

The cells that contain the text are in one column only. But when I split
a cell, the other cell on the same row needs to split too for the text
to remain in that same column -- so it's like splitting a row into 2
rows.

How--split text within cell of table when cell length goes 2d pg Jeanie Tables 1 April 24th 08 10:23 PM
Cell borders split Debbi Tables 3 March 24th 07 03:19 AM
Split cell in a table jerick Tables 2 October 31st 06 03:13 PM
How can I split a table cell diagonally? EMS_ANU Microsoft Word Help 4 August 30th 06 03:42 PM
how to split two pages cell Roni Tables 1 April 24th 05 11:56 AM