Header on FIRST PAGE ONLY

Old February 17th 12, 02:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bill Stanton

Default Header on FIRST PAGE ONLY

I have a DOT template file that contains an
elaborate header. Where can I stipulate
that the header is to be suppressed beyond
the first page. I.e., header on first page
only.

Thanks,
Bill
Old February 17th 12, 03:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom[_3_]

Do the following: Double-click to activate the header. Cut the content.
Display the Page Setup dialog box, and select "Different first page"; you
now have a separate first page header. Paste the content into the first page
header.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old February 17th 12, 06:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bill Stanton

Thanks Stefan, that worked fine.
Sure couldn't find any help via WORD's
HELP.
Bill

Old February 17th 12, 07:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom[_3_]

I'm glad I could help!

There are actually some fairly good articles from Microsoft, but *finding*
them in Word Help is a huge problem, unfortunately. Sometimes it's easier to
locate topics at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/.

Old April 18th 14, 08:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

On Friday, February 17, 2012 8:02:56 AM UTC-6, Bill Stanton wrote:
I have a DOT template file that contains an

elaborate header. Where can I stipulate

that the header is to be suppressed beyond

the first page. I.e., header on first page

only.

Thanks,

Bill

Thanks Esetafn