Header on FIRST PAGE ONLY

Old February 17th 12, 02:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bill Stanton

Default Header on FIRST PAGE ONLY

I have a DOT template file that contains an
elaborate header. Where can I stipulate
that the header is to be suppressed beyond
the first page. I.e., header on first page
only.

Thanks,
Bill
Old February 17th 12, 03:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom[_3_]

Do the following: Double-click to activate the header. Cut the content.
Display the Page Setup dialog box, and select "Different first page"; you
now have a separate first page header. Paste the content into the first page
header.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old February 17th 12, 06:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bill Stanton

Thanks Stefan, that worked fine.
Sure couldn't find any help via WORD's
HELP.
Bill

Old February 17th 12, 07:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom[_3_]

I'm glad I could help!

There are actually some fairly good articles from Microsoft, but *finding*
them in Word Help is a huge problem, unfortunately. Sometimes it's easier to
locate topics at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/.

Old April 18th 14, 08:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

On Friday, February 17, 2012 8:02:56 AM UTC-6, Bill Stanton wrote:
I have a DOT template file that contains an

elaborate header. Where can I stipulate

that the header is to be suppressed beyond

the first page. I.e., header on first page

only.

Thanks,

Bill

Thanks Esetafn
I appreciate

Old August 18th 16, 03:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

On Friday, February 17, 2012 at 9:02:56 AM UTC-5, Bill Stanton wrote:
I have a DOT template file that contains an
elaborate header. Where can I stipulate
that the header is to be suppressed beyond
the first page. I.e., header on first page
only.

Thanks,
Bill

This works great in Google Docs also!

--
This is a staff email account managed by Ledyard School District. This
email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
Old September 9th 16, 04:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

Thank you for this! It's a bit different than in a word document but this worked like a charm.
Old October 19th 17, 02:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

Hi I'm in 8th Grade and I don't understand it. Can you explain it in dummy version please, cause' that would be SOOOO helpful. I have to turn this in REEEALLY soon so reply ASAP. Thx0.o
Old December 19th 17, 07:48 AM
marthawilson710 marthawilson710 is offline

Location: 3 South Sherman Street Astoria, NY

Originally Posted by Stefan Blom[_3_] View Post
Do the following: Double-click to activate the header. Cut the content.
Display the Page Setup dialog box, and select "Different first page"; you
now have a separate first page header. Paste the content into the first page
header.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP
fnaf demo, survival games online

"Bill Stanton" wrote in message

I have a DOT template file that contains an
elaborate header. Where can I stipulate
that the header is to be suppressed beyond
the first page. I.e., header on first page
only.

Thanks,
Bill
You're not the only person looking, but most people print such checks from Quicken or Microsoft Money, which are set up to do just that.
Old February 5th 18, 02:23 PM
Charles K. Kenyon Charles K. Kenyon is offline

Originally Posted by View Post
Hi I'm in 8th Grade and I don't understand it. Can you explain it in dummy version please, cause' that would be SOOOO helpful. I have to turn this in REEEALLY soon so reply ASAP. Thx0.o
Late reply. Sorry but maybe these will help someone else.

See the following web pages:
http://addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm
http://wordfaqs.ssbarnhill.com/LetterheadRibbon.htm