A Microsoft Word forum. Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter forum » Microsoft Word Newsgroups » Mailmerge
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Data source has changed - can't save the new path.

Old March 2nd 12, 09:50 AM

First recorded activity by WordBanter: Mar 2012
Question Data source has changed - can't save the new path.

Hello,

I've got a mailmerge document getting data from Excel (with Microsoft Office 12.0 Access Database Engine OLE DB Provider (Ufff, the longest name on the list )) in Office 2010.

Now, I had to move the Excel file with data and I'm trying to update data link accordingly. Every time I Open the word file I get the error message that data file could not be found, then I'm presented a dialog that allows to change. I provide the correct path, confirm and the mailmerge works. But the new path is not saved. Next time again I get the error message and have to correct the path.

How do I change the path to data source permanently?
Ads
Old March 5th 12, 09:43 AM

Cool

OK, the problem is solved, and it is rather a problem with MS Office help system.

All one has to do is... create data source again. Provided that column names haven't changed, tha mailmerge will work just fine. All I had to do is define sort order again, but this is specific to the document I use. Usually there will be no need even for that.

So, main problem is, the topic is not covered anywhere, or at least anywhere I can google or bing...
Old March 13th 12, 04:16 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to BenBrown Send a message via Skype™ to BenBrown

good.........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryszard Mikke View Post
OK, the problem is solved, and it is rather a problem with MS Office help system.

All one has to do is... create data source again. Provided that column names haven't changed, tha mailmerge will work just fine. All I had to do is define sort order again, but this is specific to the document I use. Usually there will be no need even for that.

So, main problem is, the topic is not covered anywhere, or at least anywhere I can google or bing...