Format Painter not working in Word 2010

Old May 9th 12, 02:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MicheleS1

Default Format Painter not working in Word 2010

I am using Word 2010, trying to format a document in a prescribed format.
With previous versions of Word, if I highlighted a word, sentence,
paragraph, bulleted item, etc., I could use the format painter to copy every
detail of the format to a new section of text.
With Word 2010 very little of the original format is copied over, maybe the
font, or font size, but never the indenting, bulleting, etc., which was what
made format painter so useful. In fact sometimes it changes the font to
something totally unrelated to either the copy from or copy to text. I have
reinstalled office, and done a repair, but this is my only issue.
Is there a setting somewhere that I have to change to make sure that ALL the
formatting copies to the new text?
And I do know you can copy then used the drop-down paste format only option,
but I would like the format painter to work as it should.

Old May 9th 12, 03:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom[_3_]

I don't see an issue with the Format Painter here, also using Word 2010. Note
that in order to copy paragraph formatting (indentation, line spacing, etc.) you
must select the *whole* paragraph before using the painter.

Also, note that if the selection includes multiple font settings, the Format
Painter won't "catch" all of them.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old May 9th 12, 03:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Do you experience the same problem if you use the built-in shortcuts
Ctrl+Shift+C (Copy Format) and Ctrl+Shift+V (Paste Format)? Note that,
unless you have a paragraph mark selected or have the selection collapsed to
a point (no text selected), paragraph formatting will not be copied, only
font formatting.

http://word.mvps.org

Old May 10th 12, 03:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MicheleS1

This seems to be working on my bulleting. I'll post back with other issues
as I have done work-arounds to avoid some of them.
Thanks,
Michele