Set "Match destination formatting" as default?

Old April 21st 05, 03:30 PM
Sharon from California

Default Set "Match destination formatting" as default?

How do I set "match destination formatting" as the default for every time I
paste in a text into a document? Right now when I "crtl-V" I get a pull down
menu which defaults to something like "keep original formatting."
Old April 21st 05, 04:19 PM
Daiya Mitchell

Instead of trying to set the default on the menu, go straight to enabling
what you want to do.

Record yourself pasting, then selecting "match destination formatting" to
create a macro, then assign a keyboard shortcut to the macro. You can assign
cntl-v if you want.

See these links for more information about macros:

Creating a macro with no programming experience using the recorder
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/UsingRecorder.htm

How to assign a Word command or macro to a toolbar or menu
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...oToToolbar.htm

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Old September 11th 08, 11:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lynn

Hi - change it in options in your normal.dot then it will apply to all files!

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

[...]

How do I change the default format of pasted text to match the cu. mmdolbow Microsoft Word Help 2 March 23rd 05 04:25 PM
Match destination formatting Robert McN Microsoft Word Help 1 January 31st 05 08:51 PM
Default font - possible bulletproof fix in Word 2003 [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 0 January 14th 05 09:14 PM
Default Formatting Katie Page Layout 1 January 12th 05 03:15 AM
Make keep destination formatting the default russweb Microsoft Word Help 2 December 2nd 04 02:15 PM