How do I divide a sheet of paper into 4 equal quadrants

Old April 26th 05, 04:15 PM
Mike Kingsley

Default How do I divide a sheet of paper into 4 equal quadrants

I want to take a regular sheet of paper, and create 4 quadrants that are
equal in size and can be typed in. The purpose of this is to create a
product insert. So after printing, I can take it to the paper cutter, and
produce 4 equal product inserts.
I know it can be done, because I have seen it done, just don't know how to
do it.

Thanx
Mike Kingsley
Old April 26th 05, 05:07 PM
Graham Mayor

There are a couple of ways to do this - You could use a table with four
cells, or you could simply print four pages to a sheet - see
http://www.gmayor.com/print_multiple_copies.htm

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old April 26th 05, 05:08 PM
Jay Freedman

Mike Kingsley wrote:
I want to take a regular sheet of paper, and create 4 quadrants that
are equal in size and can be typed in. The purpose of this is to
create a product insert. So after printing, I can take it to the
paper cutter, and produce 4 equal product inserts.
I know it can be done, because I have seen it done, just don't know
how to do it.

Thanx
Mike Kingsley

Hi Mike,

Here are two ways:

- Go to Tools Letters & Mailings Envelopes & Labels, on the Labels tab.
In the Options, select Avery stock 5845. Click the New Document button; this
creates a one-page document containing a full-page 2x2 table. (If you can't
see the cells, click Table Show Gridlines.) Create your insert in the
first cell. Then copy that cell to the clipboard, select the whole table,
and paste to replicate it to all four cells. Alternatively, bookmark the
first cell and insert Ref fields in the other cells that refer to the
bookmark. Print that page in the ordinary way.

- Create the insert on a full-size sheet, using fonts and graphics that are
twice as big as the desired final size. In the Print dialog, choose 4 pages
per sheet at the lower right, and in the Pages box type
1,1,1,1
The page will be scaled to half-size and printed four times on the sheet.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman