print layout view versus print preview

Old May 5th 05, 12:54 PM
Norm

Default print layout view versus print preview

My document in "Print Layout View" looks different from "Print Preview" even
though all margin and page settings are the same.... What am I doing wrong?

Old May 5th 05, 04:31 PM
CyberTaz

Hi Norm-

Can you be a little more specific about what you mean by 'different'? Since
they are 2 different viewing modes it stands to reason that there should be
differences. Without knowing what you're referring to nobody can venture a
guess. It might also be useful to know what version of the program you're
working with and whether these 'differences' are something that just started
to appear.

Thanks for posting back |:)

Old May 5th 05, 05:09 PM
Graham Mayor

They are not necessarily supposed to look the same. Print Preview is what
the printed output should look like when transferred to paper. Print layout
is a screen layout view. What aspects are different in your case?

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old May 6th 05, 06:55 AM
Norm

Hi there,

Using MS Word 2003... The problem occurs when I create documents from SOME
of our company templates and doesn't appear to happen when creating a
document from scratch. Checking that the printer set ups etc doesn't seem to
make a difference. The problem as easily put as possible...

When working in "Print Layout" view, some lines of text will appear on Page
2, which when viewed in print preview will appear on page 1. Changing the
printer makes no difference either.

Norm