Mail merge from Access - Yes/No field converts to True/False

Old May 8th 05, 08:39 PM
J Guerry

Default Mail merge from Access - Yes/No field converts to True/False

I understand that Word2003 does not retain formatting from the source
recordset when retrieving data from Access. I am retrieving data from a
field that is formatted as Yes/No in Access, however it displays as
True/False in the Word document. I can not find a formatting function in
word that will allow me to force this to format as Yes/No. Any advice would
be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe Guerry

Old May 8th 05, 11:57 PM
Peter Jamieson

You can either use a Query in Access with a function to return "Yes" or "No"
or use a nested IF field in Word, e.g.

{ IF { MERGEFIELD myyesnofield } = "True" "Yes" "No" }

where both sets of {} are inserted using ctrl-F9

Peter Jamieson