Can I update Word 2000 without having Office?

Old May 11th 05, 06:12 PM
Cindy

Default Can I update Word 2000 without having Office?

My Windows 98SE PC came with MS Word 2000 and Works v 4.5a for Windows 95,
but did not come with the complete Office Suite. When I search for updates
to Word, it always says I first need to have other updates installed, but
these updates require the Office CD...which I don't have. Is there any other
way I can update Word 2000? Thanks in advance for any help!
Old May 12th 05, 06:12 AM
Graham Mayor

If you don't have an install disc and the software isn't preloaded on the
hard drive, the simplest solutions are

1. Don't update Word - it has been running happily enough for five years -
or
2. Buy a copy of Office 2000 (cheap) from eBay.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
WordPerfect keyboard macro>Word equivalent? Anty New Users 2 March 13th 05 07:23 PM
How do I prevent Word 2000 from trying to re-install itself whene. DavidOfMA Microsoft Word Help 4 February 22nd 05 01:04 PM
Boiletplates from Word Perfect linda Microsoft Word Help 1 January 28th 05 06:37 PM