mail merge not printing but viewable

Old May 11th 05, 05:27 PM
Closson

Default mail merge not printing but viewable

HELP! I merged fields from an Excel spreadsheet to create labels. When I go
to print preview, all the names/addresses are viewable and correct. However,
when I go to print, a blank page is printed...no labels. Everything is setup
correctly, so why not labels? I would appreciate any assistance. Thank you!
Old May 12th 05, 04:46 PM
Doug Robbins

Try executing the merge to a new document and print that.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Old June 24th 05, 03:58 AM
DickW

I have a similar problem. I merged to a new Word2002 document. The new
document disokays the data for 4 pages of labels. However, when I print it, I
get a single blank page. What have I done wrong?

Old June 24th 05, 06:14 AM
Graham Mayor

See where what you have done differs from

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old June 24th 05, 12:50 PM
DickW

Graham, thank you for your reply. After stepping through the process, I
discovered I had inadvertently deleted the Next Record field. After
repairing that, I can print out the labels.

Now I have an issue with extra rows of labels printing on a page. The merged
document shows Section Break Next Page at the correct places, but the hard
copy print has the next row printing. I am using Avery 5167 labels. Instead
of 20 rows per page, it is printing 21. Any ideas? Thanks.

Old June 25th 05, 06:16 AM
Graham Mayor

Check that the paper sizes in the printer options and page settings of the
label document are the same.

--

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Try executing the merge to a new document and print that.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP